Tag Archives: social media
Yesterday’s post on MIT thinker Sherry Turkle’s warnings about the perils of over-connectivity got me to thinking about a fundamental question. How do you limit usage of social media, smart phones, and the Internet generally in ways that enable you … Read more »
Economists like to talk about “virtuous circles” and also their opposite, “vicious circles.” The Wikipedia editors do a fine job of succinctly defining these phenomena: They refer to a complex of events that reinforces itself through a feedback loop. A … Read more »
It’s been an exciting week in Limbaugh Land. There’s no need to recount the tragic story of Rush Limbaugh’s hubris in calling a Georgetown U law student a slut and a prostitute, and then how all his attempts to apologize … Read more »
I’m ramping up a new self-improvement program in public this morning. This is a big deal to me, though it probably won’t seem like much to you. Here’s my problem: I’ve determined quite rationally that the number-one thing I want … Read more »
TED THE CAT
- Go Ahead Bird, Go Ahead and Sing (20)
- حراج: Fantastic pictures! Here is the kind of information which should be discussed across the world wide web.. حراج...
- A Seven-Step Program for Procrastinating Writers (103)
- Remembering Johnny Cash (8)
- TheodoreSmall: I have checked your blog and i’ve found some duplicate content, that’s why you don’t...
- When Mick Jagger and Fergie Dance (Reprise) (10)
- ENG 352 Technical Writing: Speaking of clichés, does anyone know an expression that means going downhill (in a bad...
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Kaze is Washington DC area writing guru Steve Altman. The nickname is Japanese for “the wind.” Read more »
Ras at Texas BBQ in DC, site of lunchtime chats with Kaze on the art and agony of writing. Ras is also known in some publishing circles as George Clack. Read more »