Tag Archives: social media
Yesterday’s post on MIT thinker Sherry Turkle’s warnings about the perils of over-connectivity got me to thinking about a fundamental question. How do you limit usage of social media, smart phones, and the Internet generally in ways that enable you … Read more »
Economists like to talk about “virtuous circles” and also their opposite, “vicious circles.” The Wikipedia editors do a fine job of succinctly defining these phenomena: They refer to a complex of events that reinforces itself through a feedback loop. A … Read more »
It’s been an exciting week in Limbaugh Land. There’s no need to recount the tragic story of Rush Limbaugh’s hubris in calling a Georgetown U law student a slut and a prostitute, and then how all his attempts to apologize … Read more »
I’m ramping up a new self-improvement program in public this morning. This is a big deal to me, though it probably won’t seem like much to you. Here’s my problem: I’ve determined quite rationally that the number-one thing I want … Read more »
TED THE CAT
- My Cinema Paradisos, Part 2 (20)
- Anonymous: Normally I do not learn post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do...
- Anonymous: I pay a quick visit each day a few sites and information sites to read articles or reviews, however this...
- Anonymous: Good day I am so happy I found your website, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Digg...
- Anonymous: This is a very good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere. Short but very accurate information…...
- Anonymous: Thanks for another informative web site. The place else could I get that kind of information written in...
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Kaze is Washington DC area writing guru Steve Altman. The nickname is Japanese for “the wind.” Read more »
Ras at Texas BBQ in DC, site of lunchtime chats with Kaze on the art and agony of writing. Ras is also known in some publishing circles as George Clack. Read more »