Tag Archives: Twitter
Economists like to talk about “virtuous circles” and also their opposite, “vicious circles.” The Wikipedia editors do a fine job of succinctly defining these phenomena: They refer to a complex of events that reinforces itself through a feedback loop. A … Read more »
It’s been an exciting week in Limbaugh Land. There’s no need to recount the tragic story of Rush Limbaugh’s hubris in calling a Georgetown U law student a slut and a prostitute, and then how all his attempts to apologize … Read more »
How do you label yourself in social media? Ten years into the revolution now you’d think the conventions for this basic question would have been established, but no. Salman Rushdie, with his perpetual genius for controversy, stirred it up in … Read more »
The hot new social-media site at the moment is Google+, Google’s invitation-only attempt to set up a social network that will go face to face with Facebook. But the hot new thing six months back was Quora, a social-networking site that … Read more »
When I was a lad learning the basics of baseball some years back, I found much comfort in statistics, particularly the sport’s simple benchmarks that establish excellence – a .300 batting average, 40 homers, and 100 RBIs for hitters and 20 … Read more »
TED THE CAT
- Valentine’s Day, Two Weeks Late (5)
- Robert Ren: It is claimed that as a result of Valentine’s Day, the working classes and rural poor become more...
- My Cinema Paradisos, Part 2 (13)
- best pron: cPGoPX This blog post is excellent, probably because of how well the subject was developped. I like some...
- Connectivity and Its Discontents (7)
- youngKyle: Hi do you know that you can increase your conversion ratio couple of times and earn extra cash every day....
- Benchmarking the Top 10 Blogs for Writers (1)
- Best argumentative Essay: Of Paul’s cathedral created Previous Unhappinessis house|the household of Outdated...
- Kaze: To (and from) His Coy Mistress (3)
- Kim: Hello=Post Comment
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Kaze is Washington DC area writing guru Steve Altman. The nickname is Japanese for “the wind.” Read more »
Ras at Texas BBQ in DC, site of lunchtime chats with Kaze on the art and agony of writing. Ras is also known in some publishing circles as George Clack. Read more »